Housing Room Change Process
The form is to be filled out if wanting to change rooms, switch buildings, or apply for a private room. Before a move request will be considered, students will need to work through the following process:
- Contact your Resident Advisor (RA) with your concerns/request.
- If the issue or request cannot be resolved by the RA, the RA will refer the student to the Residence Director (RD).
- If the student has worked with the RD and the issue or request cannot be resolved, the RD will notify the Housing Office to approve the move.
Housing Exemption Forms
On-Campus Housing Exemption Application
Required for freshmen or sophomores wishing to commute daily from their parents' home (within a 50 mile radius of the University). The On-Campus Housing Exemption Application must be submitted ALONG with the Housing Exemption Agreement of Understanding Form and the Notary Form. All appropriate forms must be submitted to the Murray State Housing Office through fax, mail, or in person.
- Housing Exemption Agreement of Understanding - Must be completed by the student requesting the exemption.
- Notary Form - Must be signed by the parent in the presence of a notary. Notaries are available in the MSU Housing Office.
Please visit our Housing Exemptions page for more information on additional reasons for requesting an exemption.
Other Important Documents
National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
Do you consider yourself as one of the top 1% of Residential College Leaders? If so, apply today for membership in Murray State's National Residence Hall Honorary.