High School Groups
The Office of Recruitment welcomes groups 9th grade and up to campus. However, these tours are structured a little differently than family tours.
We are a learning institution; learning is the priority on campus. Therefore, to avoid possible disruptions in the classroom and to current students who may be studying, large groups will not have the opportunity to go into a classroom.
Due to the size and time restrictions of group visits, we are no longer able to offer academic appointments for groups.
We would like to encourage students and their parents to visit again individually for a more personal experience.
Please note the following guidelines to ensure an informative and pleasant visit:
- Group visits are limited to grades 9 through 12 only.
- Group visits are only scheduled on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month
- Visits will begin at 8:45, 9:45, and 10:45 am only
- You must register your group's visit a minimum of two weeks prior to the date of your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your date request; however, due to university hours and campus events, we may need to consider alternative dates.
- Space is limited and visits are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Murray State can accommodate groups up to 90 in size. Chaperones are required; a minimum of one per ten students is recommended. Accompanying teachers and counselors in charge of their group are expected to ensure their students maintain order, good behavior and attentiveness during their visit.
- A typical group visit will consist of an admission presentation, a walking tour of campus and lunch on your own at any of our dining facilities. You should allow three hours minimum and extra time at the end of the day if you plan to visit the University Bookstore.
- With early registration, we can arrange for your group to receive a special discounted rate to eat lunch in our campus cafeteria. We must have at least two weeks’ notice in order to notify Dining Services to prepare for additional students.
- This is a walking tour; please have students dress for the local weather.
- Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure a smooth check-in process.
- To begin scheduling your visit, please fill out the form below. Our group coordinator will respond to your request within two business days.
- For other questions regarding your group tour please contact Julie Boyken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Register