Strategic Initiatives Plan (2015-2022)
Murray State University is a student-centered and engaging regional public university that we envision as the University of Choice for regional high school students within the 18-county service region, community college transfers, nontraditional students, and national and international students who seek a university offering superior educational and co-curricular experiences. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for faculty and staff who desire to work for a progressive university that offers distinctive academic programming, an energized work environment and one that fosters community. We envision Murray State to be the University of Choice for the citizens of the region, and the Commonwealth, to look to a qualified workforce, to create applied research and partnerships for solving community identified challenges and/or capitalizing on new opportunities.
The strategic initiatives must directly address the core values that Murray State fosters through the integration of multiple components. The strategic initiatives are Academic Excellence; Student Success; Scholarship, Research and Creative Thought; and Community Engagement.
Draft of Revised Strategic Plan
Provided is a draft of the reassessed Strategic Plan. This is in draft stage and your input is appreciated. Many thanks to all the Initiative Chairs and their committees for the work over the last several months!
Please notice that also is provided an Enrollment Strategic Plan. The reassessed Strategic Plan contains a measure to achieve the metrics in the Enrollment Strategic Plan.
Faculty, staff, students and community were invited to Listening Sessions to provide feedback. The dates, times and locations were as follows:
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018 in the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 in the Curris Center Third Floor North Concourse area and
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018 in the Curris Center Rocking Chair Lounge.
- Strategic Initiatives Plan
Approved by Murray State University Board of Regents on June 5, 2015
Facilitator and Measures (spreadsheet)
Strategic Plan updatesClick the arrow for more information
- Strategic Priorities with Budget Emphasis (March 2016)
- Strategic Successes during 2015-2016
- Strategic Plan Update - September 2016
- Dashboard 2017
- Updates for all Initiatives
- Goals for all Initiatives
- Presentation from Board meeting
- Academic Excellence -Ashley Ireland
- Student Success - Fred Dietz
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity - Nicole Hand-Bryant and Iin Handayani
- Community Engagement/Economic Development - Chris Wooldridge